These vegan thumbprint cookies don’t look perfect but they taste it. Such a yummy treat to have on hand for the holidays! Here’s a reel on exactly how I make them. Enjoy!
+ 2 cups all purpose flour (I used Bob's Red Mill gluten free)
+ 3/4 cup butter (I used Miyoko's Creamery)
+ 3/4 cup sugar
+ 3 tbsp nut milk
+ 3 tbsp maple syrup
+ 1/2 tap almond extract and vanilla extract each
+ Pinch of salt
+ Powdered sugar
+ Jam of preference
1. Preheat oven to 350˚ Fahrenheit.
2. With a hand mixer, combine butter and sugar well, then add wet ingredients and mix again.
3. Add flour, pinch of salt and mix.
4. Place 1.5 inch balls of dough spaced apart on a lined baking sheet, and gently press down to about 1/2 inch thickness worth thumbprint in the middle.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes (check often as they should not be browning and ovens will vary).
6. Remove, let cool and add jam and powdered sugar to top.